Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week #21 - Baby Boy #2 Adventure





How far along? 21 weeks

Size of baby? Length of a Carrot, about 10.5", 13 ounces (big jump in length over last week!)

Total Weight Gain? 8 pounds according to my last doctor appointment about 1.5 weeks ago. However I think I've lost a pound or two since that appointment. If you compare this week's belly pic with last week I don't think there is any change. I also noticed my home scale went down about 2 pounds.

Maternity clothes? Yes although, like a broken record, I still need to buy more!! I have 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of kahkis', 1 dress pants and 1 jean skirt I have to rotate through every day! Most of them I don't even like.

Sleep? Its gotten better. My bladder is letting me sleep a little more solidly, so that is good! I need about 9 hours of sleep a night, minimum. But I can make it through an entire day without needing a nap, so that is good.

Best moment this week? I can really tell if baby boy is head down, head up, laying on his side, etc by where I'm feeling the kicks. Its kinda fun to envision what he is doing in there.

Food cravings? None really. Any bread or carb sounds good but no real cravings.

What I miss? Feeling energetic enough to be social. Wine.

What I'm looking forward to? My mom, Ryder, and me have a vacation planned to San Diego in two weeks. Looking forward to some beach and pool time!! And Sea World! Also, my friends and I are in the midst of planning a dual baby shower for me and a close friend Bethany whom is moving to Chicago in a couple weeks.

Milestones: Looking pregnant (in tight clothes). Still look fat in loose clothes. :)

What's next?: August 8th: Having a high tech cardio-ultrasound on the baby's hear (yay for another peek at baby!) and my monthly OB appointment.

Emotions: Ready to start buying/planning things...in fact we bought a crib this week! Overall lack of energy or desire to do much.

Symptoms: Achy body... severe sciatia nerve pain.

From babycenter.com:
How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

No comments:

Post a Comment